How do you appeal Commercial Real Estate Taxes?

If you think the assessment on your commercial property is incorrect, you can appeal to the Supervisor of Assessments, then to the Property Tax Assessment Appeals Board (PTAAB). A decision by the PTAAB can be appealed to Maryland Tax Court, and finally to the Circuit Court. You will need to provide evidence of what you believe to be the fair market value of the property and that the assessment made by the assessment office was incorrect assessment. Our experience in tax law and real estate law helps us to focus on appealing your commercial real estate taxes.